Nominate your big Idea for
HIM Innovative Ideas Contest – 2017
When we observe the day to day activities, there are often significant barriers to the development and adoption of new healthcare solutions/technologies, and HIMA India wants to better position your innovation to overcome these constraints. HIMA India is uniquely positioned to provide the resources and environment to help, test, refine, and advance your innovation. We want to work together to transform our health and healthcare community, and shepherd the most promising innovations to the forefront of our local healthcare delivery system and into the hands of those who need them most.
Why HIMA India, Why Now?
HIMA India is a non-profit organization, affiliated with the IFHIMA and it is an umbrella organization which acts as “the national voice” for all the members of HIMA across the nation and overseas. Our website contains useful information, data, commentary and resources, acting as a bridging association around the nation. As you navigate through our site you will learn more about our activities. We earnestly welcome your input and advice as we strive to improve this site for overall benefit of healthcare providers in general and HIM professionals in particular around the globe.
HIMA India in collaboration with other likeminded organizations is trying to design a new system for integrating Indian healthcare delivery through the digital healthcare management systems. We would hope that this is a platform where ideas will be shared, discussed and turned become models. It would be a great step towards a better healthcare system if we can achieve its objectives.
HIM Innovative Ideas Contest – 2017 program is focused on digital health information. One of the HIMA India’s and also national healthcare leading challenge today, which is an area that has experienced significant innovation across world.
When we observe the current technology and communication system, we can instantly video-chat our friends across the globe, transfer funds between bank accounts with the press of a button, order and pay for a coffee before we even arrive at the coffee shop. So, why can’t we do the same in healthcare?
In this regard, we are seeking innovations that can change our current healthcare rapport through advances in communication. What do we mean by communication? This is not just talking about patient to provider, or provider to provider but thinking bigger than that – inside and outside the healthcare delivery system.
Eligible innovations capable of affecting and improving health information management and communication include:
- Care Coordination, Clinical Decision Support
- Data Access, Data Analytics, Data Security
- Cloud Management, Data Sharing
- Data Visualization, Diagnostics
- Digital Health, Mobile Health Information
- Fitness, Personal Health and Wellness, Dietary Services management
- Health Insurance, Practice Management
- Managing Medical Devices Information (including Wearables)
- Medication Adherence/Management
- Patient Experience Management, Patient Relationship Management
- Remote Condition Monitoring
- Blood Bank Management
- Appointments & Scheduling, Social Media Platforms, Telemedicine
- Digital Counselling Methods
- Opportunities or benefits of “Digital India” slogan in Healthcare Management System
- HIM Education and training curriculum in current Vs future perspectives
- Medical Legal, Insurance and Billing Issues related to HIM
- HIM professional endurance
- Challenges and solutions of EHR / EMR adoption – Interoperability and Information exchange
- To enhance patient-centered care
- To provide better communication
- To provide access to up-to-date patient data, and/or
- To explore advance approaches in healthcare management system
Best Innovation Idea selection process
- All the Innovative Ideas must be submitted through HIMA India website www.himaindia.com on or before 30 September 2017.
- The innovative ideas will be reviewed by a panel of experts in the field and will be rated in the scale of 1 – 10, one will be least and 10 will be highest individually.
- The Selection Panel will select 6 high scored innovative ideas
- Based on the cumulative marks to each submission, top 6 ideas submitted professionals will be asked to present in brief (10 minutes) about their innovative idea during JIPMER HIMA ASIA Conference – 2017 which will be held on 27 & 28 October 2017 at JIPMER Campus, Puducherry.
- Out of 6 innovative ideas, TOP 3 Finalists will be declared as Winners of HIM Innovative Ideas Contest – 2017 by the selection panel.
Selection Panel consists of –
1. Prof. Dr. G D Mogli PhD FHRIM (UK) FAHIMA (USA)
- President – HIMA India, Father of Medical Records India & Middle East
- Visiting Professor, Medical Informatics, MGIM Sciences, Sevagram, Maharashtra, India
- WHO Consultant, Sr. eHealth Management, HEARTCOM (USA)
- CEO & MD, Dr Mogli Healthcare Management Constancy, www.drmogli.com
2. Dr Ramesh Babu Yarlagadda MD DA
- Chief of Anaesthesiology & Critical Care &
- Chairman – Management Committee, Aayush Hospitals, Vijayawada
- Chairman – Sarada Educational Institutions, Vijayawada
- Vice President, Indian Society of Cardiac Anaesthesiologists, AP & Telangana
3. Lt. Col Dr. Kamalakar Karamcheti MBBS DIM PGDHA
- CEO, Premier Hospital, Hyderabad,
- NABH Assessor, JCI Internal Auditor
- Lead Auditor QMS ISO 9001-2008 (NQA – UK)
- Senior Consultant IIHMR, Bengaluru, Consultant – KPMG
4. Dr Kiran Dintyala MD (USA), MPH (USA)
- Dr Kiran Dintyala is an Internal Medicine Physician, Eisenhower Medical Center, Palm Springs, California.
- He holds a Masters in Public Health (MPH)
- He is also a diplomate of American Board of Integrative and Holistic Medicine.
- He is an author, speaker, and stress-management Expert www.StressFreeRevolution.com
- These innovative solutions will be submitted as recommendations to the Govt. Of India for review and necessary action.
- The same will be circulated among the HIMA India members and their organizations, so that it improves communication across healthcare teams, patients and families.
- The Ideas will be spread across the healthcare organizations (Public & Private) and Govt Health Agencies.
- Provide better communication, and/or
- Provide access to up-to-date patient data, and/or
- Include ideas on how to change workflow to ensure implementation and adoption of proposed solution, and
- Enhance patient-centered care
- Winning solutions do not have to address all aspects of this challenge, but the more comprehensive the solution, the better. Expert Judges in selection panel are looking for unique proposals that are feasible & scalable.
Criteria for nomination
To be eligible for the HIM Innovative Ideas Contest – 2017 the project or process that you are nominating:
- Must be contemporary
- Must show proof of concept – promising data
- Must show scalability
- Must show feasibility
- Must be adoptable
- Must impact the health care organizations
- Applicants must submitted in COMPLETE, addressing each of the enumerated criteria, on the HIMA India website on or before 30-9-2017.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Please be sure your application is complete in all aspects before clicking the “Submit application” button.
- If you believe you have made an error on your application or have submitted the entry prematurely, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
Who can submit their ideas?
- Healthcare Professionals & Students
- Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics
- IT Developers, Document Companies
- HIM Professionals, EMR & EHR Developers
- Management Professionals & Students
- Hospital Administrators & Policy makers
- Operations, Quality Assurance & Auditing
- Healthcare Billing (Medical Billing/Insurance/TPA)
- Medico-Legal Practitioners
- MHM/MBA students
Format of Idea to describe and submit Online
- MS-Power point
Note: Audio & Video files should not be uploaded. These type of files may be used once the Idea is selected for Final stage.
- TOP 3 HIM Innovative Ideas Contest – 2017 winners will be Rewarded along with Prize and Certificate
- Recognition in front of the 500 delegates at the JIPMER HIMA ASIA Conference – 2017, on the website, in post event mailings and social media publicity.
- Award winning ideas will be forwarded to Govt. Of India and other Govt. health agencies
Limitations of Liability
The HIMA India not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Applicant, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Award; (b) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the application process or the Award; (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Award or the processing of applications; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Applicant’s participation in the Award or receipt or use or misuse of any Award. If for any reason an Applicant’s application is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Applicant’s sole remedy is another application for the Award.
CONFIDENTIALITY: All preliminary application information and data submitted, including any related description or image, will be confidential and will only be viewed by the selected judging panelists.
TERMINATION: HIMA India reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend the Award for any causes beyond the control of HIMA India that affect the effective administration, proper conduct, or integrity of the Award. If this event should occur, HIMA India will post notice on the HIMA India website.
EXPERT PANEL DECISION IS FINAL.