- Any person having diploma or Degree in Medical, Para Medical, Medical Record Sciences, Health information Management
- Any person who is having minimum 2years of work experience in medical record department
- Above 21 years of Age
- The membership of HIMA shall be divided into six (6) classes:
- Active: Any person having diploma or degree in Medical Record Science/Health information management recognized by University or organization/ association undergone Medical Record Technician course approved by Government of India or equivalent. Is eligible for Active Membership.
- Affiliate: Any person working in the field of Medical Records/ Health information in any Hospital, Dispensaries, Software Development, Insurance for period not less than 3 years is eligible for the Affiliate Membership. Affiliate members are eligible to become active members, after being continuous affiliate members for a period not less than 5 years. ,,,,,,
- Associate: Any individual interested in the purposes of HIMA of AP/TS who does not meet the qualification for active / affiliate membership is eligible for associate membership.
- Student: Any student formally enrolled to study medical records / health information / medical documentation or any other similar program which is compatible with HIMA is eligible for student membership.
- Honorary: Any person who made a significant contribution to health information management science or rendered distinguished service in Medical Records / Health Information Management / Medical documentation profession or its related fields may be awarded honorary membership in HIMA by a special committee formed by the Executive Committee of HIMA.
- Corporate: Any corporation interested in the purposes of HIMA is eligible for corporate membership. The corporation shall designate one representative who shall have rights and privileges of membership.
|Rs. 1,000/-||Rs. 1,000/-||Rs. 1,000/-||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 5,000/-||Exempted|
Every Member shall pay an annual subscription as stipulated below- and this will be subject to revision by Managing Committee.
|Rs. 300/-||Rs. 300/-||Rs. 300/-||Rs. 100/-||Rs. 1000/-|