HIMA INDIA’s primary goal is to provide the knowledge, resources and tools to advance health information professional practice and standards for the delivery of quality healthcare. HIMA INDIA is in collaboration with International Federation of Health Information Management Associations (IFHIMA) is committed to advancing the HIM profession in an increasingly electronic and global environment through leadership in advocacy, education, certification, and lifelong learning.
The health industry is evolving quickly, and HIMA INDIA is working to advance the implementation and effective management of electronic health records (EHRs) by leading key industry initiatives and advocating for consistent standards. Needs are evolving from simply translating data, to having instant access to intelligence that can drive clinical and administrative decision-making in real time. HIMA INDIA ensures that HIM professionals are armed with the skills and tools to act with positive attitude as leaders, using quality information to achieve the triple aims of reduced costs, better care, and improved population health.
Browse our newly redesigned site to learn more about HIMA INDIA, how to join HIMA INDIA attending Association events, networking with HIM professionals, career opportunities with HIMA, and much more! Earning HIMA INDIA credentials at the later stages is under active consideration.
The purposes of HIMA INDIA are to:
- promote the development and use of health records/information management in all health institutions including hospitals and health centers
- advance the development and use of national health records/information management at par with international standards
- provide for the exchange of information on health records/information management education requirements and training programs across the nation
- provide opportunities for education and communication between persons working in the field of health records/information management in all the institutions of India and abroad
- promote the use of technology and the electronic health records throughout the nation